Don’t live with carpal tunnel syndrome
Sports Related Injuries
Sports medicine is the study of sports related injuries to athletes and people who are active in the community. They are common injuries including ligament injuries of the knees, ankles, as well as shoulders and hands from falls or traumas as well as overuse injuries from over training or repetitive use. Age has no factor in who gets injured, but common overuse injuries are more in the older population who are trying things and move and are not used to.
For more information on sports related injuries, complete the form below.
If you are suffering from a sports related injury, call to schedule an appointment with us at 304-599-0720.
How to Prevent Sports Injuries
- Warm up properly before any physical activity.
- Alternate exercising different muscle groups and exercise every other day.
- Cool down properly after exercise or sports.
- Stretching exercises can improve the ability of muscles to contract and perform, reducing the risk for injury.
- Shoe support may correct certain foot problems that can lead to injury.
- If you do sustain a sports injury, make sure you participate in adequate rehabilitation before resuming strenuous activity.
Rotator Cuff Tear
Runner’s Knee/ IT Band Tendonitis
Epicondylitis (Tennis/Golf Elbow)
Achilles Tendon Injury
Strains & Sprains
- PRP/Stem Cell Injections
Arthroscopy of knees, shoulders and ankles
Rotator Cuff Repair
Shoulder Instability Surgery
Get back in the game pain free.
In our all new free guide, “Guide to Sports Injuries” you will learn:
- types of sports injuries
- treatment options
- and more!
"*" indicates required fields