Shoulder pain can be debilitating, challenging even simple tasks like dressing or showering. While minor shoulder pain can be treated at home, knowing when to seek medical attention is important. Ignoring shoulder pain can lead to further complications, so it is best to seek professional help when necessary. This blog post will discuss when you should see a doctor for shoulder pain.<
If you experience any of the following symptoms along with shoulder pain, it is important to see a doctor:
- Intense pain that persists for more than a few days: If you have severe pain lasting over a few days, it is time to see a doctor. This could indicate an injury or a more serious condition, such as a torn rotator cuff or shoulder impingement.
- Limited range of motion in the shoulder: If you have difficulty raising your arm or experience stiffness or a limited range of motion in your shoulder, it is time to see a doctor. This could indicate underlying conditions such as a frozen shoulder or arthritis.
- Shoulder instability: If your shoulder feels unstable or loose, it is time to see a doctor. This could be a sign of a dislocated shoulder or a torn ligament.
- Swelling or bruising: If you experience swelling or bruising around your shoulder joint, it is time to see a doctor. This could indicate an injury, such as a fracture or a dislocated shoulder.
- Numbness or weakness: If you experience numbness or weakness in your shoulder, arm, or hand, it is time to see a doctor. This could be a sign of nerve damage or a pinched nerve.
- Shoulder pain that interferes with daily activities: If you have shoulder pain that interferes with daily activities such as work or leisure, it is time to see a doctor. This could be a sign of a serious injury or underlying condition.
If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms, it is important to consult a doctor. Depending on the severity of the injury or condition, your doctor may recommend various treatments, including anti-inflammatory medications, physical therapy, or surgery.
At Mountainstate Orthopedic Associates, we specialize in providing cutting-edge orthopedic care to our patients. Our physicians are fellowship-trained in specific areas such as Sports Medicine and Hand & Foot Injuries and can diagnose and treat even the most intricate orthopedic conditions. We are committed to providing a positive state-of-the-art orthopedic experience for all our patients.
We understand that shoulder pain can be a frustrating and limiting condition. Our orthopedic specialists will diagnose your problem and develop a unique care plan to get you back to enjoying the things you love quickly. Our patients experience relief from trauma-induced or chronic joint pain and can return to enjoying their life.
In conclusion, seeking medical attention is important if you are experiencing severe or persistent shoulder pain. Ignoring shoulder pain can lead to further complications, so it’s best to get an evaluation from an experienced orthopedic specialist. At Mountainstate Orthopedic Associates, we provide cutting-edge orthopedic care and are committed to helping our patients get back to enjoying their life quickly.